Bonjour! I am Isabelle Nicolas-Johnson, a trained opera singer originally from Montreal, Canada, as well as the founder and main language coach at Prêt à Parler, founded in January 2016. Our mission is to help native and non-native English speaking expats to make French and Business French part of their everyday life. Most of my clients are busy professional and parents who have a very limited amount of time to spend on improving their French language skills. They really appreciate working with a knowledgeable, patient, positive, and structured bilingual native French teacher who will make sure that they make real, measurable progress. Not only do my clients learn the language, they also learn to pronounce it well, thanks to the many diction classes I attended during my opera studies. I have many tips up my sleeve which I am always happy to share with my clients. I even created a YouTube channel dedicated to it!
Where does my passion for teaching French come from? That's an interesting story! During the completion of my degrees in Opera and Languages at McGill University, I became a real language aficionado. Like many Québécoises, I speak French and English fluently. I always thought that learning a new language is the key to better understanding the culture and mentality of its people.
In 2011, I moved to Germany where I fulfilled several exciting contracts and considerably improved my German in the process. In combination with my opera contracts, I started working for several language companies based in Germany. I rapidly became one of their most sought-after language trainers, responsible for many of their VIP clients (Allianz, Caceis Bank, IBM, Munich RE, Philip Morris, Estée Lauder Group, and Bertelsmann). Working as an independent language trainer gave me the flexibility to teach according to my own style and schedule, allowing me to continue to sing and travel. According to my clients, my approach to teaching languages was significantly more enjoyable and efficient, as they felt I instilled my joy of language comprehension in them.
After spending almost four years in Munich, my husband and I moved to Switzerland. A few months later, I started giving private French coaching sessions to international expats based in Geneva. My clients were using words like great, unique, and fantastic to describe my bilingual approach to teaching. I realised the difference a committed multilingual teacher can have on a student. My human and artistic approach to learning languages were at the core of this experience.
Alors, êtes-vous Prêt à Parler? (Are you Ready To Talk?)
For more information about my Language Programs and Price List, please contact me directly.
I am very proud to say that over the past 7 years I have been teaching French and English, I have trained more than 100 private students.
Here are the many points we have successfully worked on together:
French For Everyday Life
(I successfully helped more than 40 clients!)
- Introduce and talk about yourself (in informal and formal settings)
- Ask for information and answer simple questions
- Answer the phone and book appointments
- Express your opinion on various subjects
- Improve your writing skills (email, official letters, correspondence…)
- Be more efficient and confident in everyday situations (grocery shopping, eating out, using public transports…)
- Discover and better understand the culture and traditions of the French Speaking World
- Review and consolidate the fundamentals of French to bring you to the next level
- Acquire new vocabulary on various interesting topics related to your everyday life
- Learn more about the culture in Switzerland and other French speaking countries
- Get plenty of speaking practice time and feedback on your pronunciation
- Boost your confidence and improve your French conversation skills
(I successfully helped more than 35 clients!)
- Translate your CV into French for the Swiss/French/Belgian/Canadian market
- Write a powerful motivation letter in French
- Prepare yourself for an interview in French and test your language skills through mock interviews
- Improve your performance by receiving constructive feedback
- Receive valuable tips on French pronunciation to stop making the same mistakes
Permis C & Swiss Naturalisation
(I successfully helped more than 15 clients!)
- Preparation for Oral Exam A2 for Geneva & Vaud Canton (DALF A2)
- Preparation for Interview (Level A2) to obtain the Swiss Citizenship
- Bachelor of Music & Languages (French / English / Italian / German)
McGill University, Montréal, Canada (2009)
- Master of Music & Languages (French / English / Italian / German)
McGill University, Montréal, Canada (2011)
- 7 years as a VIP French & English Language Coach in Germany and Switzerland
- French For Everyday Life
- Business French
- Permis C & Swiss Naturalisation (For Switzerland)
des cours de français à proximité ? Voici une sélection d'annonces de professeurs pouvant vous accompagner. Superprof peut aussi vous proposer des cours de lecture pour vous aider. Apprendre n'est plus un soucis, des cours d'orthographe accessible(s) pour tous ! Suivre des cours de grammaire n'a jamais été aussi facile : vous allez aimer développer de nouvelles connaissances.
|Chez elle||Chez vous||Par webcam|
|1 heure||Non disponible||Non disponible||130CHF|
|5 heures||Non disponible||Non disponible||650CHF|
|10 heures||Non disponible||Non disponible||1300CHF|